26@26, Wordfest's electrifying 13-episode series, kicks off with two queens of ground-breaking Canadian fiction: Claire Cameron and Miriam Toews. Renowned internationally, they are also close friends who will take you deep inside their books and creative processes, in addition to sharing the big ideas, unexpected passions, and wry obsessions that galvanize them.
The one-hour livestream event on Wordfest.com starts at 7:00 PM MT. (The pre-show begins at 6:50 PM.) The day after the show, we'll email you our unique Digital Doggie Bag, featuring links and extras sparked by the conversation.
Can't watch live? Want to rewatch? Purchasing the 26@26 series pass or a single ticket gives you exclusive access to this show on demand until midnight on April 30, 2022.
We’re grateful to Penguin Random House Canada for making it possible for us to connect you with these authors.
Shelley Youngblut is the CEO & Creative Ringleader of Wordfest. She was the recipient of the 2020 Calgary Award for Community Achievement in the Arts and the 2018 Rozsa Award for Arts Leadership. She also won the 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award at the Western Magazine Awards. Youngblut was the founding editor of Calgary’s award-winning Swerve magazine and has created magazines for ESPN, Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, Nickelodeon, Western Living, and The Globe and Mail. A former pop-culture correspondent for ABC World News Now and Canada Am, she is now often unconventionally opinionated on CBC Calgary’s Eyeopener.
- Miriam Toews' new novel Fight Night pays tribute to her mother –The Globe and Mail
- Crowded House: Miriam Toews mixes laughter and tragedy, darkness and light in new novel –The Calgary Herald
- A Beloved Canadian Novelist Reckons With Her Mennonite Past –The New Yorker
- “Spreading joy is the resistance” –Miriam Toews’ on family, grief and the things worth fighting for –The Star
- Neanderthals: They're Just Like Us –The New York Times