A Booker Prize finalist and a wunderkind: Ruth Ozeki and Genki Ferguson have so much in common, including a growing mutual admiration club (okay, Ferguson has been perpetually in awe of Ozeki, but she generously blurbed his debut novel as leaving one “breathless, charmed, and deeply thoughtful”). What a joy it will be to eavesdrop on the intellectual and creative interaction between one of the world's most evocative storytellers and an emerging talent.
The one-hour livestream event on Wordfest.com starts at 7:00 PM MT. (The pre-show begins at 6:50 PM.) The day after the show, we'll email you our unique Digital Doggie Bag, featuring links and extras sparked by the conversation.
Can't watch live? Want to rewatch? Purchasing the 26@26 series pass or a single ticket gives you exclusive access to this show on demand until midnight on April 30, 2022.
We’re grateful to Penguin Random House Canada for making it possible for us to connect you with these authors.
Shelley Youngblut is the CEO & Creative Ringleader of Wordfest. She was the recipient of the 2020 Calgary Award for Community Achievement in the Arts and the 2018 Rozsa Award for Arts Leadership. She also won the 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award at the Western Magazine Awards.
Youngblut was the founding editor of Calgary’s award-winning Swerve magazine and has created magazines for ESPN, Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, Nickelodeon, Western Living, and The Globe and Mail. A former pop-culture correspondent for ABC World News Now and Canada Am, she is now often unconventionally opinionated on CBC Calgary’s Eyeopener.
- Ruth Ozeki has a new novel, The Book of Form and Emptiness, and it's coming this fall –Literary Hub
- Ruth Ozeki: “As an artist I have relationships with fictional voices all the time” –The Bookseller
- Ruth Ozeki's Borgesian, Zen Buddhist Parable of Consumerism -The New York Times Book Review
- Cosmic Connection: Second generation writer Genki Ferguson blazes own trail with charming debut –The Calgary Herald
- Genki Ferguson Explores Intimacy and Isolation in His Debut Novel Satellite Love –ECUAD News